AGM and Membership 2023
AGM - Sunday 23rd April
The Dragons Annual General Meeting will be held in the Kokako Room at 11:30am, between junior and senior practices. It is important that you attend to hear how the club is tracking, and have your say to help shape the future of the club.
We had an awesome year in 2022 with lots of members, so this will be a great opportunity to not only reflect on the year that has passed, but provide valuable input as we look forward to the 2023 season.If you’re interested in the general running of the club, whether it be fundraising, or social events etc, we would love to have you on our Executive Committee, so please let us know prior to the AGM if you would like to get involved.
Likewise, if your interests lie within our sports portfolios, we would encourage you to join our basketball, miniball, or volleyball subcommittees, or have a go at coaching!
Membership - registrations now open
This year we will be opening membership early for everyone to register. Membership is mandatory to attend basketball or volleyball training this year. Membership is key for the club to operate and gives you access to Dragons sporting and social events.The first practice of the season is on Sunday 23rd April at Walter Nash Stadium and membership will be required to attend.
Practice times for the 23rd April:
- 10.15am to 11.00am: Biniball (3-5 year olds)
- 10.00am to 11.30am: Tiniball (5-7 year olds), Miniball (8years - school year 6) and Intermediates (school years 7 and 8)
- 11.30am to 1pm: AGM (Kokako room)
- 1.00pm to 3pm: Men's U18, Women's U18, Men’s open and Women's open
Note: the full practice schedule will be distributed in the next few weeks.
Membership - how to register
To register please click on the following link - https://dragons.org.nz/register. Note we have changed the registration slightly this year and added options for the following:
- Ability to choose a sport to participate in when you are selecting the family membership option. Please ensure you select the relevant sport option for each individual as it helps with targeted email notifications during the season.
- Added a Social Events option in addition to Sports options
- Your eligible sports are based on your age i.e. if you are 6 years old you will only see Tiniball as a sports option
- Multiple options can be selected e.g. Tiniball and Social Events
Note if you have any issues please email Hayden at email@example.com
Upcoming Event - Movie Event - Sunday 16th April 2023
To kick start the Dragon’s Basketball season, we are putting on a screening of the new Super Mario Bros movie! Please come along to catch up with each other before the basketball season starts - pizzas and chips will be provided at the end of the movie.
Tickets are on sale till Friday 31st March - you can do this by logging into the Dragon’s website
Any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.